tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randy Layman <randy.lay...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: Getting multiple instances of my servlet, although it doesn't implement SingleThreadModel
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 11:38:29 GMT

	Basically, Tomcat will create a separate instance for each unique
URL that the servlet responses to.

	(Technically, every time you define the servlet in the web.xml there
is a separate instance, and another instance is created when you use the
ServletInvoker to invoke the servlet by /servlet/className.)

	Randy