tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mohr James <james.m...@elaxy.com>
Subject Basic Authentication on JSPs with Win2K/MIIS 4
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 15:47:03 GMT
Hi All!

I'm confused here. I cannot figure out if my problem is MIIS or Tomcat. In
the internet services manager I set the authentication on a directory to be
Basic and disable anonymous and NT access. When I look at the properties of
the files in the directory it seems that this authentication is propogated
from the directory. When I simply input the name of the directory as the
URL, the window comes up asking for the username/password. When I input a
filename as well, the window comes up again asking for the
username/password. So far so good. However, if the file is a JSP, then the
page is loaded **without** asking for a username and password. It seems that
the redirector has precedence over the security, which should not  be, in my
opinion. Is this an IIS issue or a problem with Tomcat? I would be extremely
grateful for any and all tips.

Regards,

Jim Mohr

ELAXY Brokerage & Trading GmbH & Co KG
_________________________________
James Mohr
Team Manager Hotline
Am HofbrÀuhaus 1
96450 Coburg
Germany
Fon +49 (0) 95 61.55 43.0
Fax +49 (0) 95 61.55 43.302
E-Mail: james.mohr@elaxy.com
"Be more concerned with your character than with your
reputation. Your character is what you really are while
your reputation is merely what others thing you are." --
John Wooden