tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andre John Mas <aj...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Virtual Paths and Tomcat?
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2002 16:36:47 GMT
Hi,

  I have recently decided to make the move from JServ to Tomcat and one
of my servlets is having problems with the transition. The issue arises
because I make use of a virtual path which I add onto the of the servlet
path, as in the example:

  servlet path:  http://bob.com/servlets/medialibrary
  resulting url: http://bob.com/servlets/medialibrary/audio/groupx/box.m3u

This approach works with JServ but Tomcat can't seem to handle it. For
the basic servlet path Tomcat serves runs the servlet without a hitch,
but as soon as I add the extended path I get a error of the form 'resource
not found'. Is there any way I can get this working with Tomcat? I don't
want to have to resort to a variable parameter as this would mean that the
user will be given the name of the servlet for download, as opposed to the
generated file name.

Thanks

Andre

--