tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Problems starting Tomcat 4.03 using J2EE 1.3.1 / SDK 1.4
Date Sun, 31 Mar 2002 07:02:46 GMT
You need to use an endorsed xml parser to override the one that j2sdk1.4.0
now includes as a standard extension.  Now, this does not mean put an xml
parser in the jre/lib/ext directory.  This is very different.

What you need to do is create a directory in C:\j2sdk1.4.0\jre\lib called
"endorsed".   Now put your xml parser in there.  What I would suggest (and
what works great for me) is putting Xerces-1.4.4.jar the endorsed
directory.  Do the same as above in C:\Program Files\Java\lib.  Make sure
no java processes are running when you do this.  You may want to reboot
just to make double sure it takes (rebooting is not usually necessary).

This was not necessary before j2sdk1.4.0.  If you want to read some
documentation I wrote for this, check out:
http://barracuda.enhydra.org/cvs_source/Barracuda/docs/j2se1_4.html

Jake