tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Héctor Garcia Peris <hector.gar...@ivie.es>
Subject RE: Problem with mime types, nobody answers?
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 09:07:34 GMT
At 18:57 26/03/02, you wrote:
>You question isn't clear to me.  Tomcat 3.2.x still includes a
>conf/web.xml, in the binary distribution, but it is no longer used
>for establishing web application default settings.  I'm not sure at
>which point it stopped being used.  As a result, the default settings
>a web application gets are minimal and includes no mime mappings.
>You will need to add any mime mappings you need to your web
>application's WEB-INF/web.xml file.  For portability, this is the
>correct location to specify this.

And how can I put this mime types in the file? I tried but I don't know the
syntax of the xml file. Where can I get this information?

Thanks.

Héctor Garcia Peris
Dpto. Informática
Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas S.A. (Ivie)
C/ Guardia Civil, 22 esc-2 1º 46020 - Valencia (Spain)
Tfno.: +34 - 963190050 / +34 - 963930816
Fax.: +34 - 963190055 / +34 - 963930856
e-mail: hector.garcia@ivie.es