tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <tcw00l...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JSTL w/Tomcat 4.0.3 benchmarks
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2002 15:09:50 GMT

hey remy,

Yeah, boy does logging generate lots of GC. My
goodness, once I ran the JProbe benchmarks, I became
obvious.

I hadn't considered the logging to be a major cause,
but from the looks of it, it does :)

In a few more weeks, I will be running another series
of tests. The next time I plan on running a set with
logging turned off for comparison.

Hopefully once I get through all my testing, I will
have time to write up a "how-to" on scaling Tomcat.
I'll have to do it on my own time, but I think it will
be a good resource. Since the same "how do you scale
tomcat?" comes up repeatedly, having a detailed page
might reduce the occurance of such questions :)

peter lin