tomcat-users mailing list archives

From g...@stinky.com (Alex Chaffee)
Subject [FAQ] jGuru FAQ Update
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2002 02:39:40 GMT
jGuru maintains FAQs and Forums on Servlets, JSP, and Tomcat (as well as
many other Java topics).  Here is an automated update on recent postings to
Tomcat-related FAQs.  Please direct flames and feedback to alex@jguru.com .

 - Alex

++ JavaServer Pages (JSP) FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JSP

I have two webapps which I would like to pass information between.
I would also like to pass all the session information between the webapps.
An example would be helpful.
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=800059

<pre>
I have to deploy a war file.
the structure is
/contextroot
  jsp
    test.jsp

  web-inf
    classes
      util
        Connect.class
        connect.properties

The Connect class has to load the properties file.
howeever i get error reading the file using getClass().getResourceAsStream("connect.properties");

I am deploying it in tomcat.
It reads the file if i put it in /bin folder ..
how do i avoid this ??

Can u please post a code example
</pre>
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=800058

<pre>
I have to deploy a war file.
the structure is
/contextroot
  jsp
    test.jsp

  web-inf
    classes
      util
        Connect.class
        connect.properties

The Connect class has to load the properties file.
howeever i get error reading the file using getClass().getResourceAsStream("connect.properties");

I am deploying it in tomcat.
It reads the file if i put it in /bin folder ..
how do i avoid this ??

Can u please post a code example
</pre>
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=800057

I have taken parameters of a form from a jsp. I need to pass that parameters to another jsp.
How can I do it without writing that manually using string like another.jsp?name=value. Since
there are many paramters, passing through URL is inconvenient. Is there a way to do it ?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=800056

++ Tomcat FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/Tomcat

"<i>Out of environment space</i>" when running Tomcat on Windows 98.
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=803991

You can shut email notification off at the FAQ home
page(s) or:

  http://www.jguru.com/guru/notifyprefs.jsp