tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sanjay Bahal <sb6...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [Tomact Servlet Deploy Problem Help]
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2002 21:25:48 GMT
I further tried using the tag-
http://localhost:8080/search/servlet/HelloWorldExample
This also errors out:
java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle
for base name LocalStrings, locale en_US
	at
java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:707)
	at
java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:604)
	at
java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:559)
	at HelloWorldExample.doGet(Unknown Source)
Thanks,
Sanjay
--- Sanjay Bahal <sb6325@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks Charlie I tried both it did not work. My
> web.xml looks like this:
> <servlet>
>       <servlet-name>HelloWorld</servlet-name>
>
> <servlet-class>HelloWorldExample</servlet-class>
>  </servlet>
> <servlet-mapping>
>       <servlet-name>HelloWorld</servlet-name>
>       <url-pattern>/hello</url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>
>
> So I have mapped by class to a servlet and then
> mapped
>
> to urlpattern /hello. My understanding is (correct
> me)
> if I have html in the webapp/myapp/ directory I
> should
> be able to call with /hello or HelloWorld with a tag
> like- /hello or /HelloWorld. On the other hand if I
> try- http://localhost:8080/search/hello I get this
> error( search is myapp dir under webapps):
> java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find
> bundle
> for base name LocalStrings, locale en_US
> 	at

java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:707)
> 	at

java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:604)
> 	at

java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:559)
> 	at HelloWorldExample.doGet(Unknown Source)
>

> If I try http://localhost:8080/search/HelloWorld I
> get
> Resource not found error.
> Thanks a lot.
> Sanjay

org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.applicationConfig(Unknown

org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(Unknown

org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(Unknown

org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Unknown

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(Unknown

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(Unknown

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(Unknown

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(Unknown

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(Unknown

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(Unknown

org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(Unknown

org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(Unknown

> > org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.run(Unknown
> java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
> > 145
> > or

=== message truncated ===