tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Renato" <webmas...@cienciapura.com.br>
Subject Please advice: Deploy the manager application
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hi all,

I want to deploy the manager application to stop and start different
contexts on a multiple Virtual Host environment.

I don't want my clients to have direct access to it, just the administrator
( I'm thinking to build a wrapper around it, so it will be transparent for
the users to restart their context ).

I did some preliminar tests and I have some questions:

- Would I have to define the manager application for each <Host> ?
- Would I have to mark all contexts as "privileged=true" ?
- Is their a way to list all the applications, or is it limited on a per-
virtual host basis ?

Any other recommendation to make the 'manager' available to users ?

Thanks !!