tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Wadkin <j.wad...@hud.ac.uk>
Subject Problems using own XML parser
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2002 03:07:38 GMT
All,

Tomcat 4.0.1
Apache 1.3
mod_WebApp
Solaris 8

I'm trying to use the aelfred parser in a servlet. I've read the docs on
class loaders and XML but no luck so far.

I moved xerces.jar from common/lib to server/lib and re-started TomCat. A
couple of errors appeared in catalina.out relating to the default servlet
for jsp's. So I put xerces.jar back in common/lib.
I put the aelfred.jar in my web app's WEB-INF/lib directory and re-started
TomCat. I expected errors relating to the fact that two XML parsers existed
- there weren't any. The logs show that aelfred.jar has loaded but the
servlet throws a ClassNotFoundException.

Any ideas? The servlet does work with Aelfred at another site and it works
fine with the xerces parser in common/lib.

The reason I'm trying to use Aelfred is that I'm told it's faster than
Xerces. Is this a fair comment?

Thanks,

John