tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Anders Rundgren" <anders.rundg...@telia.com>
Subject Re: IE 5 on Mac is incompatible with TC 4?
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 15:32:39 GMT
Ralph, at this stage we can just guess as it does not *have* to be a browser bug.
Particularly as other web-servers most likely handles this differently.
I have verified that IIS does this OK but that was hardly a surprise :-).

I will now perform some deeper investigation by writing a small servlet
that just spews out header contents to see what differs.

Just done!  No cookies are sent from IE which means that TC is likely
to send something IE 5 Mac does not understand.  "Secure" is an addition that
TC offer but not IIS.  Secure is though RFCxxxx-compliant so maybe IE 5/mac
*is* broken.

TOMCAT
-----------
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 15:00:42 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.6 OpenSSL/0.9.6 mod_jk/1.2.0
EXPIRES: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=7C1F8E3DD950780CA775B3EB3AE74D16;Path=/BuyerASP;Secure
Connection: close

IIS
---
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 15:13:12 GMT
Connection: Keep-Alive
Expires: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 15:12:12 GMT
Set-Cookie: ASPSESSIONIDGQQGGWNY=INDLBBEAKPOBKEMFDDDHAFCM; path=/shop
Cache-control: private

Anders