tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Anders Rundgren" <anders.rundg...@telia.com>
Subject Re: IE 5 on Mac is incompatible with TC 4?
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 13:23:25 GMT
Randy,
I don't know if Mac IE 5 is doing something *outside* of the cookie-specification
(which governs this rather than the servlet specification), but I'm pretty sure that
the original Apache-server handles this differently than Tomcat.  Do you know
any Apache SSL-site using session-cookies that I could test?

/anders

----- Original Message -----
From: "Randy Layman" <>
To: "'Tomcat Users List'" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 13:19
Subject: RE: IE 5 on Mac is incompatible with TC 4?

I haven't been following this thread but it seems like you are
saying that Tomcat should be modified to work correctly with IE 5.  The
problem with that is that Tomcat is an reference implementation of a
particular spec (JSP/Servlet) which dictates how things have to work - it is
the reference by which all others are implemented.  It can't change to
accommodate bugs or "special features" of client software.

Randy