tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lars Nielsen Lind" <moo...@worldonline.dk>
Subject Character Encoding
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 07:53:21 GMT
Hi

I have some problems with Apache Tomcat (1.3.24/4.0.2 + mod_webapp) and the character encoding.

I have used: request.setCharacterEncoding("ISO-8859-1"); and when I want to display the following
line (in Danish):

"Sjælland og Øerne"

I get these results:

Mozilla (Linux OS):    "Sjælland og Øerne"
Netscape (Windows OS):    "Sjælland og Øerne"
Explorer (Windows OS):    "Sjýlland og ýerne"

The data are fetched from a PostgreSQL DB Server encoded to LATIN1. When I am using the data
from DB directly within my JSP pages there are no problems. It is only when I am using the
parameters received from other pages I see the problem with the character encoding.

Anyone that have a solution to this problem?

Best regards,

Lars Nielsen Lind