tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "A. Lai" <amla...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cannot run Tomcat 4 on IIS/W2K server
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:29:59 GMT
I found it. I add

classpath =  d:\java\lib

It still does n't work. Anything I missed? Sorry for newbie question.


it should be in the lib directory of your jdk install directory

CF



> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : A. Lai [mailto:amlai00@yahoo.com]
> Envoyé : vendredi 22 mars 2002 17:22
> À : Tomcat Users List
> Objet : Re: Cannot run Tomcat 4 on IIS/W2K server
>
>
> Sorry, anyone kind enough to point out where I can get the
> tools.jar? Can't
> find it in the jdk folder.
>
>
> >
> > You need to have tools.jar in your classpath.
> > RS
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > "A. Lai" <amlai00@yahoo.com> on 03/22/2002 09:41:30 AM
> >
> > Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"
> <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> >
> > To:   <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> > cc:
> >
> > Subject:  Cannot run Tomcat 4 on IIS/W2K server
> >
> > I have installed jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3-LE-jdk14.exe on W2K server.
> > Everything
> > is fine. I have no problem seeing
> > http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/index.html
> > However, when I clicked on the exmaple page.
> >
> > All the JSP I got the following messages:
> >
> >
> >
> > Apache Tomcat/4.0.3 - HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error
> >
> > type Exception report
> > message Internal Server Error
> > description The server encountered an internal error
> (Internal Server
> > Error)
> > that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
> > exception
> > javax.servlet.ServletException: sun/tools/javac/Main
> >  at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:485)
> >  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilt
> er(Application
> >
> > FilterChain.java:247)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(Appli
> cationFilterCh
> >
> > ain.java:193)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardW
> rapperValve.ja
> >
> > va:243)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardP
> ipeline.java:5
> >
> > 66)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipel
> ine.java:472)
> >  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardC
> ontextValve.ja
> >
> > va:190)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardP
> ipeline.java:5
> >
> > 66)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(Aut
> henticatorBase
> >
> > .java:475)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardP
> ipeline.java:5
> >
> > 64)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(Certificat
> esValve.java:2
> >
> > 46)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardP
> ipeline.java:5
> >
> > 64)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipel
> ine.java:472)
> >  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContex
> t.java:2343)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHost
> Valve.java:180
> >
> > )
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardP
> ipeline.java:5
> >
> > 66)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDi
> spatcherValve.
> >
> > java:170)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardP
> ipeline.java:5
> >
> > 64)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReport
> Valve.java:170
> >
> > )
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardP
> ipeline.java:5
> >
> > 64)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValv
> e.java:468)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardP
> ipeline.java:5
> >
> > 64)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipel
> ine.java:472)
> >  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEn
> gineValve.java
> >
> > :174)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardP
> ipeline.java:5
> >
> > 66)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipel
> ine.java:472)
> >  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpP
> rocessor.java:
> >
> > 1012)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProce
> ssor.java:1107
>
> >
> > )
> >  at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> >
> > root cause
> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.SunJavaCompiler.compile(SunJavaComp
> iler.java:136)
> >
> >  at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:272)
> >  at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:552)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfN
> ecessary(JspSe
> >
> > rvlet.java:177)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service
> (JspServlet.ja
> >
> > va:189)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet
> .java:382)
> >  at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:474)
> >  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilt
> er(Application
> >
> > FilterChain.java:247)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(Appli
> cationFilterCh
> >
> > ain.java:193)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardW
> rapperValve.ja
> >
> > va:243)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardP
> ipeline.java:5
> >
> > 66)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipel
> ine.java:472)
> >  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardC
> ontextValve.ja
> >
> > va:190)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardP
> ipeline.java:5
> >
> > 66)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(Aut
> henticatorBase
> >
> > .java:475)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardP
> ipeline.java:5
> >
> > 64)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(Certificat
> esValve.java:2
> >
> > 46)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardP
> ipeline.java:5
> >
> > 64)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipel
> ine.java:472)
> >  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContex
> t.java:2343)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHost
> Valve.java:180
> >
> > )
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardP
> ipeline.java:5
> >
> > 66)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDi
> spatcherValve.
> >
> > java:170)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardP
> ipeline.java:5
> >
> > 64)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReport
> Valve.java:170
> >
> > )
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardP
> ipeline.java:5
> >
> > 64)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValv
> e.java:468)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardP
> ipeline.java:5
> >
> > 64)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipel
> ine.java:472)
> >  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEn
> gineValve.java
> >
> > :174)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardP
> ipeline.java:5
> >
> > 66)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipel
> ine.java:472)
> >  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpP
> rocessor.java:
> >
> > 1012)
> >  at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProce
> ssor.java:1107
> >
> > )
> >  at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> >
> >
> > Also, after I followed the instruction on using tomcat on
> IIS and set up
> > all
> > the isapi filter. It seems that the tomcat enginer is never
> called(JSP is
> > never parsed).
> >
> >
> > Any help will be appreciated.
> >
> > Alec
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > To unsubscribe:
<mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
> For additional commands: <mailto:tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
> Troubles with the list: <mailto:tomcat-user-owner@jakarta.apache.org>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> To unsubscribe:   <mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
> For additional commands: <mailto:tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
> Troubles with the list: <mailto:tomcat-user-owner@jakarta.apache.org>


--
To unsubscribe:   <mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands: <mailto:tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
Troubles with the list: <mailto:tomcat-user-owner@jakarta.apache.org>

--
To unsubscribe:   <mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands: <mailto:tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
Troubles with the list: <mailto:tomcat-user-owner@jakarta.apache.org>


--
To unsubscribe:   <mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands: <mailto:tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
Troubles with the list: <mailto:tomcat-user-owner@jakarta.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message