tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob Cartier" <rcart...@snet.net>
Subject RE: help: logging failed login attempts
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2002 13:23:50 GMT
I am using the j_security_check class and dont know where I can
grab the j_username value

attached are the parts that I am using for my loginpage
The errorpage just returns a null when doing a getRemoteUser()

<loginpage.jsp>

<h2>Login page </h2>
<form method="POST" action="j_security_check">

<web.xml snippet>

  <!-- Define the Login Configuration for this Application -->
   <!-- Define the Login Configuration for this Application -->
  <login-config>
    <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
    <realm-name>test app</realm-name>
    <form-login-config>
	<form-login-page>/loginpage.jsp</form-login-page>
	<form-error-page>/errorpage.jsp</form-error-page>
    </form-login-config>
  </login-config>