tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Shorter" <shor...@caradas.com>
Subject RE: Getting multiple instances of my servlet, although it doesn't implement SingleThreadModel
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 14:05:11 GMT
Randy,

The servlet is defined once in web.xml - one <servlet> tag, that is.  In
addition it is mapped to the root URL with a statement of the form:

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>MessageDispatcherServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

Are you saying the servlet mapping is responsible for the multiple
instances?

I don't think that's the case, because I can comment out the mapping and
still get the same results.

Thanks, though.  I'll keep working at it.
-
Scott