tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Manuel" <subce...@freesurf.ch>
Subject Tomcat 404 Problem allthough the file exists!
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2002 00:36:22 GMT
Hello everybody,

I have just installed Jakarta 4.0.3 on a Suse 7.3 Linux System. All example JSP and servlets
run fine if I view them in the webbrowser on port 8080, but if I try to add something new
(for example a gif or html file) into the webserver-root directory (../webapps/root), I get
a 404 error, but the requested file is 100% there. I am sure this is some kind of idiot-problem
maybe anyone had the same and knows a solution.

Any help or suggestion is highly appreciated! :)

subceero