tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "A. Lai" <amla...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cannot run Tomcat 4 on IIS/W2K server
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:22:11 GMT
Sorry, anyone kind enough to point out where I can get the tools.jar? Can't
find it in the jdk folder.

> You need to have tools.jar in your classpath.
> RS
>

> "A. Lai" <amlai00@yahoo.com> on 03/22/2002 09:41:30 AM
>
> Please respond to "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>
> To:   <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> cc:
>
> Subject:  Cannot run Tomcat 4 on IIS/W2K server
>
> I have installed jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3-LE-jdk14.exe on W2K server.
> Everything
> is fine. I have no problem seeing
> http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/index.html
> However, when I clicked on the exmaple page.
>
> All the JSP I got the following messages:
>

> Apache Tomcat/4.0.3 - HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error
>
> type Exception report
> message Internal Server Error
> description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server
> Error)
> that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
> exception
> javax.servlet.ServletException: sun/tools/javac/Main
>  at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:485)
>  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>  at

> FilterChain.java:247)
>  at

> ain.java:193)
>  at

> va:243)
>  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5

> 66)
>  at

>  at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>  at

> va:190)
>  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5

> 66)
>  at

org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase

> .java:475)
>  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5

> 64)
>  at

org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:2

> 46)
>  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5

> 64)
>  at

>  at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2343)
>  at

> )
>  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5

> 66)
>  at

> java:170)
>  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5

> 64)
>  at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170

> )
>  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5

> 64)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468)
>  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5

> 64)
>  at

>  at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>  at

> :174)
>  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5

> 66)
>  at

>  at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>  at

> 1012)
>  at

org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1107

> )
>  at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> root cause
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main
>  at

org.apache.jasper.compiler.SunJavaCompiler.compile(SunJavaCompiler.java:136)

>  at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:272)
>  at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:552)
>  at

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspSe

> rvlet.java:177)
>  at

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja