tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Muthukumaran" <amkuma...@earthlink.net>
Subject tomcat4.0.3-resource files invisible to application
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2002 06:42:55 GMT
Hi All,

I am using tomcat4.0.3 to deploy a  customized appln. which accesses
its db info using a resource property file.

The problem is, the application cannot find the resource files
(the appln. errors out saying that it cannot find the files) even after
placing it in the proper WEB-INF/classes directory.

Am I doing wrong?..

However, when I added the WEB-INF/classes path to the catalina.bat, the
appln. works good.

I donot want that way as I have to deploy multi-applns accessing
multi-databases
(i.e. each webapp. will have its own resource files.)
in the same tomcat instance.

I tried packing those resources in a .jar and added it to the
WEB-INF/lib, but it did not work.

Is there any way I can make the resource files visible to the appln.??

Thanks in Advance.

regds
-Kumar