tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Teegarden" <...@akc.org>
Subject security-role-ref not working with Tomcat 4.0.1 & .2
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 18:10:18 GMT
I'm trying to use a security-role-ref entry in my web deployment descriptor of Tomcat 4. Has
 this been broken in 4.0.1 and 4.0.2?

Try adding an entry of the following to the end of web.xml in examples before the </webapp>
tag:
   <security-role-ref>
      <role-name>ADMIN</role-name>
      <role-link>Administrator</role-link>
   </security-role-ref>

I get the following from catalina on startup:
Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.0.2
PARSE error at line 283 column 11
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of element type "web-app" must match
"(icon?,display-name?,description?,distributable?,context-param*,filter*,filter-
mapping*,listener*,servlet*,servlet-mapping*,session-config?,mime-mapping*,welco
me-file-list?,error-page*,taglib*,resource-env-ref*,resource-ref*,security-const
raint*,login-config?,security-role*,env-entry*,ejb-ref*,ejb-local-ref*)".
Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.0.2