tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ivan E. Markovic" <i...@sculptlight.com>
Subject Re: AW: Session not sticking after timeout
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 11:57:08 GMT
Ralph,

That was top of my list of suspicions. I used the HTTP Sniffer and
saw the new Session ID go out to the Browser and then saw it come
back after I clicked a Proceed button. But it is appearing that the
ID is not getting picked-up. When I execute:

req.getRequestedSessionId()

I get null. And when I execute:

session = req.getSession(false);

I receive a null Session object! Ugggh.

I v a n ...

>One guess: Did you have a look at the session id that is
>transmitted after the user logged in ? Is it a new one or
>is it the an older one ?
>
>Have a look at request.getRequestedSessionId()and
>session.getId() in the login page and the following page.
>
>One thing I expierienced is, that the IE has his own opinion
>about the caching of pages. This could couse this kind of
>trouble as the cached page might contain a session id that is
>no longer valid.
>
>>  -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Ivan Markovic
SculptLight