tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gary Lawrence Murphy <ga...@canada.com>
Subject Can a servlet exit?
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 06:55:42 GMT

can a servlet remove itself?  I have a situation where a servlet's
configuration file may require on-the-fly edits, but the site runs
dozens of servlets and we don't want to restart tomcat just to
restart one webapp.

Long term, we plan to re-write the servlet to include a "reload"
function (the proper way to do this), but for now the easiest path
would seem to be to have the servlet purge itself from the servlet
container such that it will be completely reloaded on the next
request.  Is this possible?