tomcat-users mailing list archives

From rwalt...@interchangedigital.com (Robert Walther)
Subject New context without Apache restart?
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:03:17 GMT
Hello, my name is Rob Walther, and I am new to this mailing list.

I work for an ASP and we are switching our NT Application servers to
Linux/Apache/Tomcat servers (yeah!).  Currently, I have a single instance
of tomcat running all contexts, and have a single context per client using
the application.  When we switch to Linux I will set up multiple JVMs and
restart each one individually with the -f server***.xml.  That is clear.
BUT, does anyone know if I have to restart Apache everytime I add a
context?  I would like to add new contexts/JVMS (ie, clients) to this
server, without bringing down Apache and destroying the current sessions
in the existing contexts?)

Any ideas.  Thanks
Rob