tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <is...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: RE: Catalina Beans - Class Path Problem
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2002 13:28:31 GMT
I am having the same problem only my clases ARE directly in the classes folder. Also, my utility
classes, which are neither servlets nor Beans, are also giving me the same problem. Please
help!!! I have tried packaging them and then without packaging. I am not sure what to do now.
I am not using any IDE nor am I using a deployment tool.

Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org> wrote:
> Please see my comments below:

All your classes and/or beans should go into:

		...../webapps/gateway/WEB-INF/classes, or
		...../webapps/gateway/WEB-INF/lib

This should help you out. :-)

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Shoberg [mailto:jshoberg@cbd.net]
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2002 8:12 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Catalina Beans - Class Path Problem

Short Version:

For some reason, I can not get my JSP pages to compile when loading a little
bean ... It is not reading web-inf/classes.  Although, it is reading
web-inf/web.xml

Long Version:

A)    Installed tomcat, got it running, all of the example programs work.
B)    I am building an application called "Gateway" I created
             ...../webapps/gateway
            ...../webapps/gateway/index.jsp

            ...../webapps/gateway/WEB-INF/
            ...../webapps/gatewayWEB-INF/web.xml

        So I understand this to be creating a bean with id "Words" from the
class "...../webapps/gateway/classes/gwclasses/words.class" in the kw.jsp.
However, I am getting a compiler error saying

        C:\apache\Tomcat4\work\localhost\gateway\kw$jsp.java:63: Class
gwclasses.words not found

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

For additional commands: