tomcat-users mailing list archives

From dan ancona <anc...@alexandria.ucsb.edu>
Subject Re: I can't stand the "UnsatisfiedLinkErrors" anymore with Tomcat 4.0.1!
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:35:04 GMT
I've gotten this to work, so it can somehow be done.  It was tricky and it
did take some futzing around, though.  Here are a few ideas...

0 - What OS etc are you on?  I got it working in solaris 5.7, both tomcat
3.2 & 4.0.1, java 1.3.0.

1 - Make sure your LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set right both for you and for
whichever user tomcat is running as if it isn't you.  Ditto for any
env. variables your c code might need.

2 - I had big problems getting the header file to work right with my code
inside a package.  If the methods in your c code look something like
this...

Java_edu_ucsb_adl_z2adl_QueryThread_zInit(JNIEnv *env, blah blah)

and you're doing javah -jni from the right place (the top of the
hierarchy), you're on the right track.  Since it's working ok from the
command line, I'm guessing you've got this dialed.  If you suspect it
might still be an issue, there's a nice example somewhere on the 'net -
let me know if you can't find it and I'll try to dig up the link.

3 - There's a warning somewhere in the tomcat docs (maybe in the release
notes?) about Something Bad happening if your shared object gets loaded
twice somehow.  I haven't personally had this problem, but it is in there.

Hm, that's all I can think of off the top of my head.  My c code is having
some weird interactions with tomcat that I'm going to post about in detail
at some point, but the JNI stuff does seem to be working still.

Good luck, hope this helps...if it doesn't, I could maybe send along some
of my test code if you think that'd be helpful.

Best,
dan

da - dan ancona.  software engineer, adept project
  http://www.alexandria.ucsb.edu/~ancona/