tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Markus Bengts <>
Subject RE: The default servlet
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2002 09:21:43 GMT
On Sat, 16 Feb 2002, Anton Brazhnyk wrote:

> You can disable "default" servlet in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml
> and modify welcome-file-list either there or in your app's web.xml
> I didn't try that, but there is no mentions about default servlet's serving
> of welcome-file-list, so I hope it works.

I tried it. It doesn't work. The default servlet serves the welcome-files.
This is from the distributed $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml

<!-- When a request URI refers to a directory, the default servlet looks -->
<!-- for a "welcome file" within that directory and, if present,         -->

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>

View raw message