tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Øyvind Vestavik <Oyvind.Vesta...@idi.ntnu.no>
Subject classpath-problem??
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:46:58 GMT

I'm building a servlet which is accessing a dbxm/Windice database via a
separat class (loginTest.java). Connecting to Xindice means I
have to use classes contained in 'xmldb.jar' and 'dbxml.jar'.

These jar files are referenced from my classpath. Both the class
(loginTest.java) and the servlet calling it compiles ok, and can be run
from command but as I try to let the serlet create the separat class a
javax.ServletException is thrown.

The message shown is this :
   java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError : org/xmldb/api/base/XMLDBException.

It seems like this runtime error is due to that the servlet engine cant
find the Exception class, because it doesn't have access to the
classpath????? Where should the jar files be places and what effect will
that have on making a war-file of my application???

Probabaly a common problem???

Øyvind Vestavik

Øyvind Vestavik
Øvre Møllenberggt 44b