tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rahul Pathak <ra...@cs.umb.edu>
Subject Problem with session when Tomcat started from priviledged port(80)
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 21:49:44 GMT
Hi,
  I am having a problem when i start Tomcat from the privilidged port on
Solaris machinces(port 80).Everything works fine except the session.
  When i disable the cookies on the browser the website dosent work.But
when i start the same tomcat (with all the java files same) on port above
8000 (for example 8080) and disable the cookies the website works fine.So
i only get a problem with the port 80(which happens to be a priviledged
port)
  has anybody came across this problem

thanks a lot in advance,
rahul

"Two roads diverged in a wood,I took the less travelled by and that made
 the difference"
		-by Robert Frost