tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob" <relaxed...@optushome.com.au>
Subject htdocs or servlet
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2002 01:31:37 GMT
Howdy all!

We are using Apache for web serving and Tomcat for servlets in a project
that involves web pages and servlets being accessed by the user.

We have html pages, XML documents and a large java package containing server
side application logic, servlets and applets to be used by the system.

The problem we are having is how to store our files in one directory so that
both Apach and Tomcat know where they are. At the moment we are in the
awkward situation of having copies of our package stored in two locations -
one in htdocs and the other in the servlet directory so that each part of
the system can access the files and other classes needed.

How can we solve this problem? Is it a matter of setting up aliases in a
config file or something similar?

Thanks!

Rob

:-)