tomcat-users mailing list archives

From jeff.guttada...@abbott.com
Subject Re: CDROM applications with tomcat
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:32:36 GMT

Hi, Franck.

     I'm not sure if this would work, but maybe you could try to define a
$CATALINA_BASE that is on the hard disk while keeping the $CATALINA_HOME
pointed to the CD...?  Just a thought.

Good luck.
-Jeff

                    Franck Delahaye

                    <franck.delahaye@xp        To:     tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

                    s-pro.com>                 cc:

                                               Subject:     CDROM applications with tomcat

                    02/14/02 10:20 AM

                    Please respond to

                    "Tomcat Users List"

Hi,
I am new to tomcat and uses the 3.2 version to make a web application.
I'd like to run tomcat from a cdrom on a windows boxe :
   after having tested my application on the hard disk, I have put the
tomcat tree on a cd with a jvm and and launched the startup.bat script
that launches tomcat
It seems that tomcat wants to write in the log directory and also in the
conf directory.
Is it possible to make a specific configuration and launch tomcat sothat
it does not try to write any files and run from a tomcat directory tree
on a CDROM ?

regards,
Franck