tomcat-users mailing list archives

From rseque...@transentric.com
Subject Re: Tomcat and Apache default context
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 17:33:01 GMT

Try mapping the "ROOT" (webapps/Root) context with a virtual host
RS

"nathan phillips" <nathanpp@hotmail.com> on 02/19/2002 11:01:44 AM

Please respond to "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

To:   tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
cc:

Subject:  Tomcat and Apache default context

I've been trying to get multiple virtual host working the way I want with
my
Tomcat4.0.1/Apache1.3 configuration for too long and seem to be at a loss.

I am unable to map an application as a default root to my virtual host.  In

essence I want to be able to access my application by using
www.virtualhost.com and not www.virtualhost.com/examples.  Yet no
configuration that I try in my server.xml or httpd.conf has allowed me to
do
that.  Of course I can get this to work in Tomcat standalone but not
bundled
with Apache.  If anyone has this working, I'd really appreciate a copy of
your httpd.conf and server.xml files.  I'm affraid that I'm missing
something by only using the little code snippets as examples.  Thanks for
your help.