tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject DNS resolve issue?
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 16:31:03 GMT
Hello everyone,

I have an interesting problem that I figure has come up many times before.
The list archives seem to be down at the moment so I'm going to post it
here.  Forgive me if this has been answered previously.

>From my local W2K machine, I can ping webserver.  I can also ping

In addition, I can get to a .html file using

or using

Now, here comes the problem.

http://webserver:8080/project/servlet/project.servlet.Login   works

  does not work

Since I can ping and hit JSP pages with both hostnames and fully qualified
hostnames, it seems like an issue with configuring servlets in Tomcat.

Perhaps Tomcat resolves the non-working example internally such that
webserver becomes the fully qualified hostname and then reads like

In any event, the error is that the page cannot be found when I use fully
qualified hostnames with Servlets.

Has anyone else ran into this?  If so, I'd greatly appreciate any help you
could offer.

Joseph Chandler
Software Engineer
Franke Holding USA