tomcat-users mailing list archives

From jeff.guttada...@abbott.com
Subject Re: XSL - Reload a resource without restarting
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:51:00 GMT

Hi, Oliver.

   I can offer an idea (doubt it would qualify as brilliant though - sorry).
If you do a getResource from the ServletContext, it will give you a
java.net.URL.  Then, maybe you could do an openConnection on the URL to get a
URLConnection.  Then, try the getLastModified method on that...  Don't know if
this will work, but figured I'd throw it out there as a suggestion.

Best of luck,
-Jeff

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
[snip]
> somebody a brilliant idea how to reload a resource
> dynamically within a
> webapp without having to restart.
> In my case I want to reload a XSL file only if it was changed.
[snip]