tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bradley G Smith/R6/USDAFS" <bgsmit...@fs.fed.us>
Subject Tomcat 4.0.2 Fails to Start
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 22:36:24 GMT

I installed the recent tomcat 4.0.2 rpms on a system which had a
functioning tomcat 4.0.1 system (also installed from rpms). When I tried to
restart tomcat I get the following error:

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /var/tomcat4
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /var/tomcat4
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /var/tomcat4/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       /opt/IBMJava2-13
Using CLASSPATH:
:/opt/IBMJava2-13/jre/lib/rt.jar:/var/tomcat4/bin/bootstrap.jar
Bootstrap: Class loader creation threw exception
java.util.zip.ZipException: No such file or directory
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:111)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:121)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:88)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.validateJarFile(ClassLoaderFactory.java:319)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.createClassLoader(ClassLoaderFactory.java:242)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:144)

Something changed and after spending most of a day trying various options,
I have not been successful at finding a solution. Can someone suggest a
fix? Or the correct paragraph in the documentation to read? Or even the
correct document?

Thanks,

Brad Smith