tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian Owens <c-brian.ow...@wcom.com>
Subject RE: mySQL/JDBC/Tomcat4 documentation
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 22:06:30 GMT
Sometimes with certain JDBC Drivers you must do a Class.forName("driver").newInstance() for
it to load properly.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Madonna [mailto:steve@netune.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 3:04 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: mySQL/JDBC/Tomcat4 documentation

Right at line 2 in your code is were we are having trouble. Apparenlty our
code is written the same way, but it still doesn't seem like the JDBC driver
has loaded:

java.sql.SQLException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

The driver is in the WEB-INF/lib/ directory.

Is there a config file that needs to allow permissions for this?