tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Loïc Lefèvre <llefe...@fivia.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat as a service...
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:01:45 GMT
Hi Kevin,
Could you write your system configuration?
(especially your network configuration)

Cheers,
Loïc Lefèvre

-----Message d'origine-----
De : kevin.schmidt@convergys.com [mailto:kevin.schmidt@convergys.com]
Envoyé : mardi 19 février 2002 14:51
À : tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Objet : Tomcat as a service...

One other thing... I have tried now, every now and then over
the past 6 months to get Tomcat to run as an NT service.
I have NEVER been sucessful and I have tried 4 or 5 different
ways.  I kept thinking that there was some silly bug that was going
to be fixed in the next release.  Well, I just installed the Tomcat 4.0.2
exe file, and during the install, checked the option to install as NT
service.(I am running W2K), I have JAVA_HOME and CATALINA_HOME
set properly, and reboot, and ONCE AGAIN, no tomcat service.
The service is listed in the Admin Services console as being
automatically started, but it wont actually start.  When I try to start it
manually from the services panel, I get this message, "Could not
start Tomcat on local computer.  The service did not return an error.
Could be windows internal error or internal error."  If there was no error
returned, then why WONT IT START!!!!!!!!   And if there was an error,
why not REPORT IT.  How about telling the user what is wrong so that
he/she can fix it.  Duh. Sorry to be so brash, but it has been this way
for a long time and noone seems to care about fixing it.
     -Kevin Schmidt
     Cincinnati, OH

--

NOTICE:  The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or