tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Loïc Lefèvre <llefe...@fivia.com>
Subject RE: Limit of HTML input fields in a form?
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 14:10:09 GMT
Hi,
Yes, forms with GET method (eg: <form method='GET'>) have a maxium
size of 256 bytes (if I remember well) because it is the maximum length
of an URL is 256 bytes.
If you use POST method then there the maximum is bigger (generally more
than 65Ko).

Cheers,
Loïc Lefèvre

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Andreas Schlegel [mailto:schlegel@software.b.uunet.de]
Envoyé : vendredi 15 février 2002 14:57
À : tomcat-user
Objet : Limit of HTML input fields in a form?

Hi,

does anyone know if there is a limit for the HTML input fields in one
form?

We have a dynamically created form that contains a lot of input fields
(most of them have the type hidden or checkbox).

Having between 110 and 140 input fields we got the following message and
error:

Message: Connection closed by remote server
2002-02-15 02:43:50 - ContextManager: Error reading request, ignored -
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpRequestAdapter.parseHeaderFiled(HttpReque
stAdapter.java:224)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpRequestAdapter.readHeaders(HttpRequestAda
pter.java:205)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpRequestAdapter.readNextRequest(HttpReques
tAdapter.java:140)

        at
onnectionHandler.java:195)

        at

        at

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Of course it is first a design problem of our application but the
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException seems to be a little bit strange or not?

Environment: Tomcat 3.2.1 / W2K

Greetings,
Andreas