tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Reto Badertscher" ...@i-netsystems.com>
Subject AW: accessing excel-documents via HTTP URL
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 12:41:15 GMT
Hello,

i've to do the same and i'm wondering how you generate the excel files. I
have a running prototype with Perl, but would like to implement this using
only Java.

Thanks for your help

Reto

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Dirk.Dinger@netformfive.de [mailto:Dirk.Dinger@netformfive.de]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2002 12:11
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: accessing excel-documents via HTTP URL

Hi everybody!

I'm using servlets generating MS-Excel Dokuments from HTTP-request data.
Under tomcat 3.x it was no problem,
that the servlet redirected to a JSP, where the user could click on a link,
that actually pointed to the generated
Excel-Dokument. After clicking the link, excel was opened with the
generated document.

Yesterday I tested that servlet, changeing nothing in the code, but using
tomcat 4.0.1 this time. If I click the link,
ponting to an excel document now, i get the content displayed in text
format !
now i wonder, if I Do have to configure something for the context "/tmp"
where the documents are generated into.

Any help appreceated,
Dirk