tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ashutosh Shah" <ashut...@eventcentric.com>
Subject Re: Problem in starting up TOMCAT, please help.
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2002 11:11:00 GMT
Hi everybody,

Here is my problem.

I loaded Tomcat successfully on a Windows 2000 platform setting the
environment variables
CATALINA_HOME: c:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0
JAVA_HOME: c:\jdk1.3
CLASSPATH: C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0\common\lib\servlet.jar

Then I went on the DOS prompt and gave the command
c:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0\bin\startup.bat.

At this time, another DOS window pops up for a second and then goes
away. However on the parent DOS window, I receive a message:

c:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0\bin\startup.bat
Using CATALINA_BASE:   c:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0
Using CATALINA_HOME:   c:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: c:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       c:\jdk1.3

When I try going to http://localhost:8080 I get a 'Page cannot be displayed
error'.

I dont know what I am doing wrong. Please help.

Thank you,
Ash.