tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Adams" <b...@satx.rr.com>
Subject RE: resource files not found in /WEB-INF/classes
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 03:01:58 GMT
try putting

	File f = new File("webapps/mywebapp/WEB-INF/classes/config.properties");

or
	File f = new File("../webapps/mywebapp/WEB-INF/classes/config.properties");
(in case path is in bin from startup)

BTW, I put mine in WEB-INF only not in classes....but that is me and I am
not a standard. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kintzer [mailto:MichaelK@ViAir.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 8:57 PM
To: Tomcat Users List (E-mail)
Subject: resource files not found in /WEB-INF/classes

Tomcat 4.0.1: According to tomcat-docs/appdev/deployment.html,
webapps/mywebapp/WEB-INF/classes/ is the appropriate location for any
associated resource files required for an application "mywebapp".  I have
placed a properties file "config.properties" in my /WEB-INF/classes/
directory but when I try to access it using this code:

package com.myco.myproj

.. imports and other code...

try
{
	File f = new File("config.properties");
	FileInputStream fis = new FileInputStream(f);
	Properties prop = new Properties();
	prop.load(fis);
}
catch (Exception e)
{
	e.printStackTrace();
}

I continually get java.io.FileNotFoundException: config.properties (The
system cannot find the file specified).

I even tried adding a context element in my conf/server.xml file for my web
app like so:

<!-- myproj context -->
	<Context path="/myproj" docBase="myproj" debug="0" reloadable="true"
/>

but that had no effect.    I've searched through all the documentation I
could find and it all seems to indicate that any resource files in
/WEB-INF/classes should be detectable.  Any ideas on what I may be doing
incorrectly would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael Kintzer