tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ion Larrañaga <ila...@s21sec.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat x Apache
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:20:23 GMT
Sorry for my mistake. You are right that Apache should redirect the request
to Tomcat directly. This means I should read messages more carefully ;)

Are you able to access static pages with Apache? Do you have an index.html
in "/home/myDocs" to test if you can access http://your.server/index.html ?

I think that maybe Apache is denying you access before sending the request
mod_webapp. This may be if you have only changed your DocumentRoot directive
without granting access to it. Have you changed the <Directory> where it
says
"This should be changed to whatever you set DocumentRoot to" ?

Hope it helps,

   Ion

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Cleber Hostalácio de Melo [mailto:cleber@mg.gov.br]
Enviado el: miércoles, 27 de febrero de 2002 18:28
Para: Tomcat Users List
Asunto: Re: Tomcat x Apache

My  webapps directory and all its directories are read and execute free for
all users. So I don´t think this is the problem.

Any way, I think Apache should pass all the /examples requests to
Tomcat and not trying to read the directly from the file system.

It looks more that Apache is not allowed to connect to Tomcat. I´ve
already check all the possibilities but could not find any parameter(s) in
httpd.conf or server.xml that could prevent the connection.

Any other clue?

Thank you.