tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brandon Cruz" <bc...@norvax.com>
Subject How can I distinguish separate tomcat servers from one another?
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 22:23:13 GMT
Does anyone know of a way I can distinguish which computer tomcat may be
running on for development purposes.  If there are several developers, we
want one of our servlets to store which computer connects to the database in
the database.  Is there a code that can tell which IP is connecting through
a browser.  The current problem is that since each developer uses localhost,
every ip seems to be 127.0.0.1.  Is there a command to get the computer name
or something that can identify separate machines?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Brandon