tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Fabrizio Giudici" <>
Subject RE: Tyrex transactions: a workaround
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2002 23:16:55 GMT
> Unfortunately this does not work, and I believe this is a
> tomcat bug (in facts, try to set 'type' to "I.DO.NOT.EXIST"
> and you'll discover that catalina doesn't notice it).
> The Resource gets always bound in JNDI with type
> javax.sql.DataSource.

Remy make me understand that this is not a bug in the way
I described it. My problem was that I had declared the resource
twice, both in server.xml and web.xml; in the latter I used
javax.sql.DataSource and it overrode the former.

Nevertheless, removing the entry from web.xml and using
tyrex.jdbc.ServerDataSource doesn't work, so it seems that
the workaround is still needed. I will try again tomorrow.

Fabrizio Giudici, Ph.D. - Senior Consultant
Java(TM) Architect, Mentor, Senior Writer
mobile +39 348 1506941 - fax +39 02 700510536
Member of ADI (Italian Ph.D. Association)

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>

View raw message