tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Fabrizio Giudici" <>
Subject RE: Tyrex transactions: a workaround
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2002 00:00:29 GMT
> Nevertheless, removing the entry from web.xml and using
> tyrex.jdbc.ServerDataSource doesn't work, so it seems that
> the workaround is still needed. I will try again tomorrow.

Thanks to Remy, I've finally discovered that we don't need to
patch catalina for tyrex transaction to work. Finally, both
with 4.0.1 and 4.0.2-b2, you just need to configure your JDBC
resources as follows (excerpt from server.xml):

 <Context path="/newadi" docBase="webapps" debug="0" privileged="false">
   <Resource name="jdbc/adi" auth="Container"
   <ResourceParams name="jdbc/adi">

The important things are:

  1. the attribute type="tyrex.jdbc.ServerDataSource" for the Resource
  2. the 'factory' parameter set for ResourceParams to

I remind you that you will still need to put ots.jar from
tyrex sources into %CATALINA_HOME%/common/lib, and that
tyrex- will complain about a missing
file (but it will work).

That's all.

Fabrizio Giudici, Ph.D. - Senior Consultant
Java(TM) Architect, Mentor, Senior Writer
mobile +39 348 1506941 - fax +39 02 700510536
Member of ADI (Italian Ph.D. Association)

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>

View raw message