tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Fabrizio Giudici" <Fabrizio.Giud...@tidalwave.it>
Subject RE: Tyrex transactions: a workaround
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2002 00:00:29 GMT
> Nevertheless, removing the entry from web.xml and using
> tyrex.jdbc.ServerDataSource doesn't work, so it seems that
> the workaround is still needed. I will try again tomorrow.

Thanks to Remy, I've finally discovered that we don't need to
patch catalina for tyrex transaction to work. Finally, both
with 4.0.1 and 4.0.2-b2, you just need to configure your JDBC
resources as follows (excerpt from server.xml):

 <Context path="/newadi" docBase="webapps" debug="0" privileged="false">
   <Resource name="jdbc/adi" auth="Container"
type="tyrex.jdbc.ServerDataSource"/>
   <ResourceParams name="jdbc/adi">
     <parameter>
       <name>factory</name>
       <value>org.apache.naming.factory.TyrexDataSourceFactory</value>
     </parameter>
     <parameter>
       <name>user</name>
       <value>system</value>
     </parameter>
     <parameter>
       <name>password</name>
       <value>manager</value>
     </parameter>
     <parameter>
       <name>driverClassName</name>
       <value>oracle.lite.poljdbc.POLJDBCDriver</value>
     </parameter>
     <parameter>
       <name>driverName</name>
       <value>jdbc:polite:adi</value>
     </parameter>
   </ResourceParams>
</Context>

The important things are:

  1. the attribute type="tyrex.jdbc.ServerDataSource" for the Resource
  2. the 'factory' parameter set for ResourceParams to
     org.apache.naming.factory.TyrexDataSourceFactory

I remind you that you will still need to put ots.jar from
tyrex sources into %CATALINA_HOME%/common/lib, and that
tyrex-0.9.7.0 will complain about a missing message.properties
file (but it will work).

That's all.

--
Fabrizio Giudici, Ph.D. - Senior Consultant
Java(TM) Architect, Mentor, Senior Writer