tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Charles N. Harvey III" <charl...@alloy.com>
Subject RE: Multiple Tomcat-servers on a single machine
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:29:46 GMT
I have a question relating to this...

We run around 6 sites each of which has a www and a java directory.
We will be moving everything to tomcat very soon.  The web servers I
will have seperately from the tomcat servers with the ajp (mod_jk)
connector connecting the machines.

Apache has virtual hosts.  And within each virtual host I will have
a connection to the apropriate directory on the tomcat server where
that site's classes/applications are located.

What I want to be able to do though is restart one instance without
dropping the classloader of another.  Can I do that with one tomcat
install and simply having multiple connectors in the server.xml?
Or do I have to install tomcat multiple times?  It is not a big deal
if I have to install many times, it is not very large.

Thanks for the help.

Charlie