tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Charles N. Harvey III" <charl...@alloy.com>
Subject RE: how to run multiple instances of a single application on a single tomcat.
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 14:46:33 GMT
I think you can do this with different properties files.
One instance of the application has a .properties file that
contains the ip address and database name of dbX.  And in the
second instance of your application the .properties file
contains the ip address and database name of dbY.  I have
a slightly similar situation where the same application goes
through staging to production.  In staging the properties file
connects to staging-db.  When I push that file live I have a
script that changes the ip address called to that of live-db.

So I think the same principal should work for two instances of
the same application.  Give it a shot.

Charlie