tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jarecsni János <jarecsni.ja...@chello.hu>
Subject ApacheConfig in Catalina
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 08:21:20 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to set up Catalina to work with Apache. First I configured Apache
"statically", by adding the necessary LoadModule and JkMount directives.
This worked well for JSP pages (JkMount /*.jsp Ajp13) but I had problems
with servlets. So I decided to switch to autoconfiguration of Apache.

I inserted the following in my server.xml:

[...]
<!-- the following line was already there :) -->

  <Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig" />

[...]

I started Catalina to see what happens with Catalina.bat run (platform is
Win2K). I got a nice ClassNotFoundException for
"org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig". I did a little search for this
class but found it nowhere. Most surprisingly it was missing from
CATALINA_HOME/server/lib/tomcat-ajp.jar where it should be by its name,
since the jar has a folder named org.apache.ajp.tomcat4. Unfortunately the
config folder is missing...

Thanks in advance!

János