tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Keith Ng" <woonb...@yahoo.com>
Subject J2EE and Tomcat
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:38:18 GMT
Hi Guys

I just joined in, Happy Chinese New Year, esp to the all the Chinese here.

I have the following query, its not exactly a TOMCAT question but I figured
people here can help. I have installed J2EE and have previously used TOMCAT.
Therefore I have the following queries....

1)There are many versions of TOMCAT, but Im only using a pretty old version,
like 3.2.2. I want to try run my web application on a J2EE server. Are both
J2EE and TOMCAT using the same specifications for JSP and SERVLETS?
Currently using J2EE 1.3 ...

2)Am I supposed to continue using TOMCAT to develop web applications for
deployment in J2EE? I certainly do not know how to do the same with J2EE
what I have learnt with TOMCAT

Hope someone can enlighten me. Thanks ;)