tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Keith Ng" <woonb...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: 3.3a, cant find file when refresh
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:32:41 GMT
Thanks larry, u helped me clarify an issue. Can u please help me with my
other problem? Its regarding the ERROR:200 i get on my browser when i
refresh...

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Isaacs [mailto:Larry.Isaacs@sas.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 12:07 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: 3.3a, cant find file when refresh

This technically isn't an error.  It indicates that the browser,
realized that the Threadmill.jpg it is reading during the
refresh isn't any newer than the Threadmill.jpg it has already
cached locally.  In order to save time, the browse simply
closed the connection and used the local copy of Threadmill.jpg.
Because the browser closed the connection before it read
all the data, it causes Tomcat to generate the log output
you see.

Cheers,
Larry