tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Keith Ng" <woonb...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: J2EE and Tomcat
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:10:35 GMT
LOL.... Im pretty fascinated... just read the archieve at
http://www.apachelabs.org/tomcat-user/200202.mbox/%3c3C6A9855.D93CBA66@veriz
on.net%3e yes... we have roughly the same question, and same name! :)

Hopefully someone answers our question asap.... =/

-----Original Message-----
From: root@radius01.radiusresearch.org
[mailto:root@radius01.radiusresearch.org]On Behalf Of Keith Simpson
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 9:00 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: J2EE and Tomcat

How very ironic - we have the same name - and we have the same
question!  I put mine out yesterday.  Is this a parallel universe or
something?  I am running 3.3 tomcat on my dev platform and need to use
javamail.  (which can be picked up separately or in j2ee)  We are
developing a new product with JSP (used to be all servlets) and I find
that there is a problem when it comes to compiling the JSP when I
replace servlet.jar with j2ee.jar  Otherwise, I believe it works just
fine.  (that's a big stumbling block)  I am wondering if I am going to
need to go to tomcat 4 - or what - to get around this one.  My issue
with 4 is that I will have to migrate it to my production environment
(apache/tomcat), and that we resell to others with all sorts of app
servers.

I will be watching for your replies to this one...

Keith Ng wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> I just joined in, Happy Chinese New Year, esp to the all the Chinese here.
>
> I have the following query, its not exactly a TOMCAT question but I
figured
> people here can help. I have installed J2EE and have previously used
TOMCAT.